My first Blog

My first Blog
Ron Wood and the author in mid 1970's

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Generic rejection

I got this rejection form recently.
It made me think now thats an easy way out. Althouhg it sounds like he may have thought about the project but he never asks to read anything from it. Thats why I don't like the idea of e mail query letters.

Dear Author,

Thank you for your query. I will respond within three weeks if interested.
If you do not receive a response within three weeks then I have passed on
your project.

Please note that a pass should not be construed as a statement on your
work's publishing viability; it is just my subjective determination that the
project isn't a good fit for me and the agency. I encourage you to continue
your querying and wish you the best of success in your publishing endeavors.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Lyons
Lyons Literary LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment