My first Blog

My first Blog
Ron Wood and the author in mid 1970's

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Music as we know it has died

I was talking to my friend Bert yesterday. He owns a CD shop. Bert's CD's. Its one of the last independent CD shops in the USA.
I went to see him because I heard he was closing it up. He was disappointed to here that word was around about his plight.
His racks were bare.
He had only a handful of CD's left. He was selling some vinyl. Rarities. Stuff on E bay. You know, collectors items only.
He told me that even the kids had given up on it. The young musicians who wanted an advance on a record deal don't even buy music anymore. They download and burn it. Whose going to give them high $$ to record when they can't sell the stuff.
WOW! How low the music business has come from the high's I've been writing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment